Sunday, July 10, 2011

Psalms for Sunday - V


Psalms for Sunday are posted every...you guessed it, Sunday. Subscribe by email and receive it directly to you.

The demands on my day overwhelm me -
work, housekeeping, motherhood, fitness, volunteering, the list goes on -
I cut out everything that isn’t deemed necessary. In my short sight, I abandon my time with the Lord.

Is there any wonder I have no peace for the day?

Your Word says, Apart from Me, you can do nothing. I’ve read that but I thought it was meant for others less organized than myself. In my arrogance, I thought I was different. I thought the Bread from yesterday would sustain me today.

I’ve read, I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me, but my eyes deceive me and I only see I can do anything. Without delay, I’m aware that I cannot do anything at all.

At mid-day, I see the day unfold and I’m left without hope so I turn to my only hope
– I enter Your presence.

The tasks will wait – they will not be completed. I repent and I worship. I know Your forgiveness and I feel Your delight. My Peace returns.

Before my eyes close at the end of the day I praise the Lord because everything was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...