Sunday, October 2, 2011

Psalms for Sunday - XVII

What is it like to be in the presence of the Lord?

It’s like a lazy day on the river, floating on my back being buoyed by an unseen life force and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin.

It’s like being in a crowd and knowing his eye is always on me.

It’s like being saturated like a sponge.

It’s like a furnace that ignites and burns hot, heating me from within.

It’s like liquid love that pours over me until I’m drowning in it. I can’t cry out and I don’t want to. I want to swim in the ocean of his love forever, and ever.

It’s like flying and bouncing on onion steeples built high in the sky as if they are trampolines and twirling and doing acrobats in the air.

It’s like being enveloped in an armour car so that I can walk through an alley of the hounds of hell, and see their ferocious faces snarling but not hearing a single one of their threats.

It’s like dancing, breathless and excited, dressed in gowns and wearing a crown.

It’s like laughing so hard my sides will split and knowing my abdomen will ache later but loving it anyway.

It’s like crying and heaving off the grief and the burdens that have weighed me down like a little boy who empties his pockets after a walk to the beach.

It’s like Christmas and opening up stacks and stacks of presents that weren’t there a moment before.

It’s like perfection and I want to dwell there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...