Sunday, October 9, 2011

Psalms for Sunday - XVIII


What is my offering that I bring to you, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? You know it already: everything I have is yours, because you have given to me in abundance. You are generous; pray that I am like you. I have no worry for the myth of scarcity. There is plenty, you have promised.

I won’t forfeit the blessing of today for the worries of tomorrow because I am secure and my foundation is sure, so I will bring a sacrifice of song and worship to you. Because you are worthy - you alone. I confess with my mouth and declare in movements that you are good, always and forever good.

All day long, I confess the name of the Lord, Jesus. It satisfies like a meal that is specially prepared; succulent beef, so tender even an infant can eat and dessert like a pudding that slides sweetness into my mouth. A symphony of good things.

Your creation is a treasure hunt, from the peaks of the Rockies to the depths of the Pacific. These are outside my door, and I delight in you because there is more. My generation will never see the end of your treasure, like a double rainbow with two pots of gold.

These are the words of thanksgiving that I bring before the throne; and you accept my offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...