Sunday, April 29, 2012

Psalms for Sundays, XLII


You revive my spirit, refresh my soul and give strength for my body. Though my bones give out, you hold me up, and I worship you for your faithfulness and your goodness.

Who compares to you? Who has declared a word and seen it in creation? Everything that is comes from you. Only you, my Lord and my God. You are my Healer, the God who calls what is not as though it is and gives life to dry bones. You give life to me.

By your name, I declare the finished works and call what is in heaven to be manifest on earth. There is no other name on earth or under the earth by which we might be saved, but the name of Jesus.

The very sound of your name gives warmth to my heart and my soul sings. With a loud sound, I give honour and praise to God in heaven. Who am I that you acknowledge me? This is surely the greatest mystery, and yet I will not squander my position of daughter to the Most High God. Who in all the earth can understand this?

You, O God, are worthy of all glory, and honour and praise. Blessed be the name of the Lord, forever and another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...