Sunday, July 8, 2012

Psalms for Sunday, LII


The world awakens to the beauty of the Lord; you are faithful and good and your mercy flows from your holy mountain; from your city of Truth.

Are you amazed, like me, how your plans unfold?

No, all things are under your dominion and you are continuously working for our good so your glory is seen throughout eternity. It is good for me to seek your face, and the wonders of your hand. I am never disappointed under your shadow; I never lack anything in your hand. I am at rest and I am peaceful.

Is there someone who can entice me away from your arm? What can disrupt my peace? There is nothing, nothing in all creation that will woo me away from you. I am yours forever, and you are my reward and my inheritance. You watch over my family, like a lion who protects his young. We are weak and you know it, but your might and your strength is sufficient. The joy of the Lord is my strength and victory is mine. It is available for all who trust in your name.

You are good, and I’ll say it again: you are good. You are faithful to your word and your mercy and grace belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...