Sunday, July 29, 2012

Psalms for Sunday, LV


I’m here again, the same place I was before. Can I look at your face? Can I behold your beauty? What is this fear? Why cannot I gaze in your direction? The fullness of life is in your eyes. Your words create life or destroy it. I am fragile, yet lovely to you. What a mystery.

“Look at me,” you say.” I want to worship,” my heart replies. “But I am here now, just be. Learn to be in my presence.”

What a mystery, that you love me. It’s no mystery for me to love you. I would not, had you not called to me from my cell on death row. I was meant for death but you gave me life. You gave me your life, and we will have eternity. What a mystery.

My heart sings and my body follows with rejoicing and dancing. There is a wedding and all are invited. Who is the bride? The beautiful bride? We are the bride, get ready to receive the bridegroom. He is strong, greater than the strength of Samson. The  bridegroom is running, running from the hills towards his bride; intensity in his eyes and soft sayings on his lips. How much will we delight together? How much will we rejoice and celebrate? The wedding feast is open, and all are invited.

1 comment:

  1. "We are the bride, get ready to receive the bridegroom. He is strong, greater than the strength of Samson."

    Great line - powerful imagery. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...