Sunday, January 20, 2013

Psalms for Sunday, LXXII


I climbed onto my papa’s lap to snuggle close to his heart. With restrained might, we held me close and whispered in my ear,

You are my happy thought.  I said your name at creation, and thought of you when I died. At the resurrection, your name was on my tongue.  This moment, right here, right now, is the moment I’ve longed for since time began. You are precious. I love you, not because of what you do, or who you know but because I created you to be loved by me.

Put your ear to my chest and hear my heart. It beats for you. Listen, and I’ll tell you my secrets and share the mysteries of the age with you. Press into me and I will receive you. It’s for this reason I died.

Then we stood and he placed my feet on his feet and we danced. Oh, how we danced. We moved and sailed, dancing the beats of his heart, to the movement of his Spirit. The wind caught my hair and he twirled me around and made me to shine, glorious and free.

This is the fullness of his love, and I am enraptured. I am completely at rest. The distance we covered and my legs did not give out and my feet were never tired.

My papa looked at me again, with intensity in his eyes and said, “You are my happy thought.”

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...