Sunday, October 27, 2013

Psalms for Sunday, LXXXIV



You are relentless, like a battering ram weakening the wall of my resolve. Who can stand against the torrent of your love and affection? You’ve won me, and I’m yours.

You’ve overcome and you pick me up like plunder. You pillage the dark recesses of hallways and rooms locked that were locked and you discover gold and treasured things. Who knew there was anything of worth in the darkness of my life? But you hid them there, and your eyes searched for them to bring them to the light, being bathed and cleansed in your goodness.

Everything is made new in your presence, in the power of your love. I am made new. I rejoice and leap and dance with fervour because I am beautiful in your eyes. Nothing is hidden, and I am beautiful.

Praise you!
Let the entire world and the angels worship your name. Let the demons shudder because nothing is too hard and no one is beyond your gaze and soft affection.

Who can stand against the torrent of your love and affection? Your love never fails; it always, always wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...