Sunday, July 2, 2017

Psalms for Sunday, XCVI


original painting by Danielle Schneider

The tide comes close and recedes far away, but you are always near.
Day turns to night and night becomes day, but with you there is no shadow.
One says this, and another says that, but your words never fail; they are always true.
Birthing new life is never pleasant in the process but the promise doesn’t delay.

The wheat and the tares grow together until the day you pluck up the tares.
The ground is disturbed and fear grips us all.

Oh, Lord! My soul is in anguish; I’m being tossed back and forth and the enemy seeks to steal away what I’ve received from your hand.
You are the Rock on which I stand; I will not be overcome.

I pitch my ensign to declare the territory and it will not be taken.
An army moves forward.

My hope is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...