What Are You Going To Do About It?


It’s 4:20am and I’ve been up for awake for more than an hour and up since 3:30am. My Man is awake too and the coffee maker is already on. I’m on my 2nd cup of coffee. I know I’ll be tired later but right now my mind is thinking a lot of thoughts – mostly reflecting on the past year and wondering what God is up to for 2013.

At the beginning of each year, I ask God for a verse, a promise and a theme for the year. Last year his promise was that he was faithful to his word. I was really excited about that word. I have a stack of promises and prophetic words I’ve kept dating back more than a decade and I have yet to see them fulfilled. I never disbelieved the words as I received them but most were so far out there, I couldn’t possibly imagine how they would be carried out. As 2012 unfolded, the dots seemed to be connecting and my hope soared but now at the end of the year and the start of a new one, I feel like progress took one step forward, only to take three steps backward.

Relationships that were strained previous to 2012 continue to be (and more so); even relationships that were solid seem to have tension now. My family’s health and wellness problems are no closer to healing and recovery (with or without medical assistance), and our expenses keep increasing instead of decreasing. Where is the favour I was promised? Where is the restoration that was prophesised? Why hasn’t the financial breakthrough come?

One scene, as if from a movie, keeps replaying in my mind...Will Smith (it’s always Will Smith in my mind’s movie), scratched and dirty, walking victoriously through the carnage of destruction.

As I contemplate these issues, my one question to the Lord is, “What are you going to do about this?” It’s not my problem, truly. He promised, so let him make good on his promises.

Currently, I don’t have any testimony or precedents in many of the problems in my life and in the lives of the people around me. Even where there might be a testimony it is so far removed, it’s become like an urban legend. It’s enough where many people will give up and think the situations are hopeless but I think that’s what makes it exciting. I love adventure and I’m on a great adventure. I have no idea of the path or journey, but I do know the end result – victoriously triumphant in Christ (2 Corinthians 2:14).

What do you need God to do for you this year? What have you been promised that you are still waiting for? Remind God about his promises to you, like Moses and David did. Ponder the prophesies you’ve been given, like Mary did. And be blessed, because you have believed that what the Lord has said to you will be accomplished (Luke 1:45).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Love is Forced

May I Have Another Serving of Law, Please?

God Makes a Way