This is 40!



I’ve had my eye on my 40th birthday since I was 25. It’s been an increasing build-up of anticipation, looking toward to the promise of the Promised Land. Fifteen years ago, the Promised Land was merely a pleasant idea of wealth and surplus but most of all my goal was ease – in life, in love, in finances, and a spiritual cakewalk.

As each year passed and I grew closer to my 40th year, my mindset changed from my goal being an easy life, to desiring my life to be built up and rooted in a loving covenant relationship with the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I realized it’s what I would require to sustain me for the long haul because the Promised Land may be my inheritance but it was going to be occupied. Like the Israelites before me the current tenants didn’t know they were being evicted.

Knowing I would be facing a battle to claim my Promised Land, I began serious training several years ago. Too often history tells the stories of men and women who started out admirably, but failed to finish well. They ended up either failing completely or continuously living with a thorn in their side. I don’t want to be among those who fail to finish. I want to finish well, and leave a legacy of abundant inheritance for my Boy and his generation and the generations after him. I don’t want to be disqualified for lack of focus, or burn up energy on battles I was never intended to wage.

Training is most effective with a knowledgeable coach; who is better than the Holy Spirit? I learned new weapon training (2 Corinthians 10:4), received new armour (Ephesians 6:10-18), and totally became a new person (2 Corinthians 5:17). I’m ready and I’m primed for the Promised Land.

Yesterday, I finally completed my 30s and joined the 40s club. The Israelites learned everything they needed to know in the desert which would enable them to take possession of their inheritance and their promises. The first five books of the Bible have long since been my “go-to” Bible reading. The books are rich with life lessons, to know myself and even more importantly to know my God. The lessons aren’t just for me; come along for the journey this year. It will be #40lessons from the desert to the Promised Land.

This is 40!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Love is Forced

May I Have Another Serving of Law, Please?

God Makes a Way