Making Deposits into the Future


I had a dream last week where I was in a bank, making a deposit into my Boy’s account. I didn’t have a bank card but the teller was very insistent for me to apply for a card to make withdrawals easier. I let her know that I didn’t intend to make any withdrawals, only deposits.

When I woke up, I understood the meaning of the dream to be that I was sowing into a legacy for future generations, even though much of the world (and even the church) was trying to make withdrawals on future earnings.

Kris Vallotton dedicated his latest book, Heavy Rain, to his children’s children’s children’s children because he knows that what he does ‘echoes into eternity,’ to use the words of Maximus from the movie, Gladiator. The groundwork and the breakthrough we receive in today should be ground zero for the next generation. If we live with eternity in mind, our children will not have to work to catch up to where they should be, they will be taking more ground. In this way, we all enlarge our territory.

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada, and Veteran’s Day in the USA. At 11am, please take a minute of silence and remember the sacrifices of those that have gone before to make deposits into our future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Love is Forced

May I Have Another Serving of Law, Please?

God Makes a Way