Uncovering Order out of Chaos

Thursday is my cleaning day. Last week, I decided it was time to tackle my fridge. I don’t usually find science experiments in there but it does need a deep clean with soapy water every now and then. As with anything I want to reorder, I pull everything out, clean out the dirt and wipe down the items I’ve removed. In the process, it looks messier than when I began but after a little while, order emerges from the chaos and the end result is a clean and organized fridge and I remember what items I have in stock.

Geophysically, economically, psychologically, emotionally, relationally – it appears that the world is in chaos. There are parts of my life that are in chaos and I’m willing to bet there isn’t one person reading this that isn’t experiencing some form of chaos. It’s easy to become discouraged because it feels like chaos will reign forever but it’s important to remember since creation God has taken chaos and made it into order. God is still reordering the chaos to bring it into alignment with heaven.

In Luke 9 Jesus told his disciples to go and preach the kingdom of God, so they went out and preached the gospel. It’s probably a familiar passage to many Christians but have you ever stopped to think what gospel (good news) Jesus was referring? We preach the gospel as Jesus having died and resurrected. It is definitely good news for us but Jesus was alive when he told the disciples to preach the gospel, so what gospel was he talking about?

The good news is that the Kingdom of God is at hand. In other words, it’s within reach. What is the kingdom of God (also called Kingdom of Heaven)? I believe the Bible offers a grid for understanding what the kingdom of God might look like by looking at the Garden of Eden as an example. The Garden of Eden was a place of perfection, where life was never ending and the tree of life provided healing for the nations in its leaves and where God walked among people.

Jesus told his disciples He was the kingdom of God, close at hand, and he was bringing a new order; 2,000 years later it’s still true. The chaos is being reordered and there is definitely an end.

Keep holding on; don’t miss what the disciples failed to see even though Jesus was with them in body for 3 years. Whatever the chaos is happening in your life right now and around the world, be encouraged because the cleaning and reorganization is being completed and according to heaven’s perspective, it is already completed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Love is Forced

May I Have Another Serving of Law, Please?

God Makes a Way