It's Not Supposed to be This Way


Our family has joined thousands of others who are changing eating habits due to food allergies or intolerances. I’m still in the learning curve – how to eliminate gluten, nuts and dairy from our diet but I can’t help but think, “This isn’t how it’s supposed to be.” John 10:10 says the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came so we would have abundant life. I don’t see how it can be considered abundant when we have so many limitations on what we can and can’t eat.

You might think I’m in the denial stage of change. I understand North Americans have developed ways to process everything we eat to increase the profit margin for food manufacturers and by doing so, we’ve ingested chemicals and steroids for so long our bodies are finally making a revolt. It’s true the food industry needs an overhaul to return to the basics where food is actually food – not simulations, but even so, doesn’t Mark 16:18 apply?

“...and when they drink [or eat] deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all”

Unless you exclusively eat organic foods, whole grain and nothing processed, most of what we eat has been treated with chemicals. It can definitely be classified as poison. Although the food industry should have an overhaul, I don’t see that happening so in the face of widespread food-related illnesses, allergies and intolerances I have faith to see Mark 16:18 become a reality in our everyday life.

In the last days the scripture says we’ll see an increase of signs and wonders. It’s already happening in developing countries and many places outside of North America. In many places around the world, there is no Plan B medical plan; they require supernatural intervention or death is certain. I believe we are setting ourselves up for such a move of God in North America as well. We need God to save us from ourselves.

I want to see healing breakthrough in many things (in everything) but one of the issues on my heart has long been for food allergies – even before it affected our family. The first prayer I felt God leading me to pray for was a woman severely affected by food allergies. The prayer has been unanswered to date but I still pray for it, believing God and his word in Mark 16:18.

It’s not supposed to be this way, it’s not denial, it’s truth. However, until I see the word of God fulfilled I’m not going to take offense by what I don’t see. I’m not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend it’s not affecting our family. I will change our eating habits so we eat whole foods with as little additives as possible and I am going to still believe for miracles and healing so that heaven is truly seen on earth.

How about you? What areas do you think, “this isn’t the way it’s supposed to be?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Love is Forced

May I Have Another Serving of Law, Please?

God Makes a Way